About Me

My photo
I don't write for a living, but I live to write. I have over 600K words penned but not a dang thing published. Im a pescatarian who also happens to love yoga. (Cliche, yes Im aware) I read as much as I write sooooo- books don't last long with me. I talk to myself- like alot- , I love camping, I want to move to Tenn, and the number one person in my life JC. So there ya have it. Come hang out with me.... ;)

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Empty cradle

Empty cradle

Empty arms fold into themselves carrying nothing but a regret that was promised to save a life, to give him a chance. Arms, folding around a hollow shell of a person living a hell that she created for herself. Doing what she thought was right, she gave up the fight too quick and lives with the reminder of her failure.  

Hearing his cries in the middle of the night she wakes to a reality that is only lies. Blue walls with little boy toys, denim overalls and cooing baby noise fade into the darkness of an empty room. An image that could saver her dissipates as he sleeps in an empty cradle?

And I see as I leave I
turn my back on the pain
that your name isn’t mine
and I lacked the strength
to do what was right.

And it shows as I go that you
are better off not knowing
my name, ‘cuz it stains
the very string of life

 I can’t heal the pain inside your heart when there is nothing left of my own. With all my sins exposed you are safer to never know me. Maybe when you are grown you will understand the sacrifice made so you could be, so you could see, the world for what it really was.

And you will never hear the hurt in ever tear that fell from my eyes when you were never near for me to hold. Behind the perfect guise a terrible story hides that no one was ever told. Please baby know that I never wanted to go and leave you in her arms as her son when you were mine.
 
But I see as I leave I
turn my back on the pain
that your name isn’t mine
and I lacked the strength
to do what was right.
 
Now it shows as I go that you
are better off not knowing
my name, ‘cuz it stains
the very strain of life
that I gave to you.

I cant do over the mistake I made when I walked away. I carry a hate that I would have betrayed you because they gave you what I could only take away. And as I go I want you to know this was the only way I could show that the only thing I knew was to do right by you.
 
So I see as I leave I
turn my back on the pain
that your name isn’t mine
and I lacked the strength
to do what was right.

It shows as I go that you
are better off not knowing
my name, ‘cuz it stains
the very strain of life
that I gave to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment